Enterprise Car Club always ensures charges are kept to a minimum. However, ‘fines’ have to be in place to minimise operational problems to all members of the club, ensuring maximum satisfaction for all.
Reserving and reservation extension fees:
- Reserving over the internet, or directly from the vehicles’s on-board computer, can be made at any time and are totally free of charge.
- Reservations made by telephone between 08:00 and 21:00 are charged at £1.50 per call (irrespective of the number of reservations made).
- Extensions of reservations made by telephone between 08:00 and 21:00 are free of charge.
- Reservations and extensions made by telephone between 21:00 and 08:00 are charged at £5.00 per call. It is preferred if reservations were not made during these hours as it is predominantly an emergency line
- Extensions of reservations made over the telephone at any time on a public/bank holiday will be charged at £1.50 per call.
Return of cars:
- It is essential to return cars on time, and back to their designated parking bay, to ensure other members are not inconvenienced. If you are running late (it happens to the best of us at times!), please inform us as early as possible, so that we can make alternative arrangements for any other member who may be affected.
- If you are going to be late and are still within your reservation time & the vehicle is available to extend in the app as no other member is inconvenienced, there is no charge (except for the additional time used at the normal hourly rate).
- If you are going to be late and are still within your reservation time but the vehicle is unavailable to extend in the app (due to another members reservation) a £10 ‘Inconvenience Fee’ is charged. (plus the cost of additional time and mileage used at the normal rate).
- If you are running late, and it has already passed your reservations’ original end-time, but you manage your lateness in the app or by calling the Clubhouse, a £10 ‘Late Extend Fee’ is charged (plus the cost of additional time and mileage used at the normal rate).
- If you extend your reservation outside (after) your original reservation end-time AND impede another member’s booking, both the £10 ‘Inconvenience Fee’ & £10 ‘Late Extend Fee’ are charged - totaling £20 (plus the cost of additional time and mileage used at the normal rate).
- If you do not manage your lateness at all you will be charged a £30 ‘Late Return Fee’ (plus the additional time and mileage used at the normal rate).
- If an extension does impede another member’s reservation you will be charged the cost of alternative transport for the other member on top of any of the above correlating fees.
- Where a vehicle in unavailable to extend due to conflicting member booking, the member can only amend their reservation by calling the Clubhouse. Please see the 'Reservation Call Charges' section above for more information on what charges may apply.
- If you fail to return the vehicle back to its designated parking bay You will incur a charge of £30, plus the cost to relocate the vehicle back to its bay. These charges can be in addition to any parking ticket a vehicle may attract when parked outside its designated parking bay.
- For more information, read our useful blog here.
Cancellation and changes to reservations:
If you need to cancel or change a reservation, please give as much notice as possible to ensure maximum availability for other members. You can change or cancel reservations directly through the website up to 30 minutes before the scheduled start time or by telephoning the Clubhouse.
If you cancel, change or shorten a reservation:
- More than five hours before your scheduled start time, there is no charge.
- If you cancel within 5 hours of it’s start time you will be liable for the cost of the reservation up to a maximum of £30.00.
- If you change or shorten a reservation (including cancelling a reservation after the start time) you may be charged up to the full cost of the reservation.
The vehicle must be returned to the bay from where it was collected. In the unlikely event you cannot park the car in its designated bay, you must let us know immediately. This will ensure we can get the vehicle moved at a later date and advise anyone reserving the car after you where the car is. If the car is left illegally parked, failure to contact us inevitably will lead to a parking ticket, wheel clamp or being towed away. If you have not contacted us to let us know of the problem, all costs will be passed on to you with a £30 administration charge. Costs can be extremely high so please do ensure you let us know immediately.
As a courtesy to your fellow members you must not:
- Smoke in the car (which is also now required to comply with legislation).
- Transport pets in the car (allergies and smell – sorry).
- Return a car at the end of your reservation with less than a quarter tank of fuel (fuel cards are in each car to top the fuel at Enterprise Car Club’s expense).
- Leave the car excessively dirty for the next member, or dirty on the inside including litter in the car.
Failing to follow the above Club Rules carries a penalty of £30 plus, if necessary, the cost of specialist cleaning.
Keys and fuel cards:
Lost keys or fuel cards are charged to members at cost plus £30 administration per item. Failure to leave the keys in the car at the end of the reservation will incur a charge of £30 plus any inconvenience costs incurred by the next member to use the car.
Throughout your reservation, please keep the keys with you at all times and ensure they are left in the vehicle at the end of your reservation.
Lost membership cards:
Replacement membership cards are charged at £20. Please let us know as soon as possible so that we can cancel your membership card and issue a new one to ensure you can keep using the cars.
Staff call outs:
If lights are left on inside or outside of the car and causes the battery to flatten, or performs some other action requiring a member of the Enterprise Car Club team to go to the car to rectify the situation, a fee of £30 will be charged.
If you require assistance from a member of the Enterprise Car Club team to change a wheel during your reservation, you may be charged up to a maximum of £75.
Parking tickets are your responsibility and must be paid for directly by you. If the ticket has to be processed by the club, an administration fee of £30 will be added (we are often charged more by our leasing companies – as they receive the tickets and forward to us).
Speed cameras and other traffic offences:
Enterprise Car Club are required by law as the registered keeper of the car, to pass on driver details to the relevant authorities. Any offences committed are the driver’s responsibility and not the club’s. An administration fee of £30 will be chargeable on all tickets processed by us.